May 23, 2018

The long awaited ruin.

Hey all, it's been some time again!

I've been pretty busy with my studies at the moment, so my progress on my wargaming projects is very, very slow! But, I did finish my first ruin for Mordheim today! I'm actually pretty excited how it turned out since it's been mostly a try out for using various techniques and materials.

Finished Ruin for Mordheim, 2018.

I think it looks decent enough for my first serious attempt at building and painting a ruin for Mordheim. I got most of my inspiration for this ruin after playing "Vermintide 2'' game, which has some really nice looking Empire buildings in the game! The overall look of these buildings are more regular fantasy looking, just badly constructed haha!
I'm not very happy with the colour of the wood at the moment, so I might work on that later! Also I want to add some details and effects later on like wanted posters, weathering and so on to make it stand out more and give it more feeling. 

Work in progress on the ruin.

As you can see I've used alot of easy to find materials on this building to make the proces faster. I did this because it's sometimes hard for me to find certain materials like Balsa wood for example, which can really slow down the making of terrain. So I decided to use materials like popsicle sticks and matchsticks for the wooden parts. For the stones, I've used egg cartons, which gives a very nice texture which looks like stones after you paint them up! I found this actually on Pinterest, which has some really handy tips on it! And finally for the structure on the upperside of the ruin, I've used "Wood Filler".



Inside of the ruin.

As you can see the inside of the building is still pretty empty, so I have to figure something out to make it look more like a home that has been abondend. But for now, I'd rather focus on building some more ruins first! After that I'll come back to these ruins and work on them some more :)!

Well that's all for now! Roos is working on her Dwarf Warband at the moment and they're coming along pretty nice aswell! When she finishes some more mini's I will post them online and show them off. So stay tuned for some more Mordheim posts in the near future!

Untill next time,

Tom


No comments: